DTCC: The Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation
February 4, 2020
The Depository Trust Company (DTC) was created in 1973 in response to Wall Street’s “paperwork crisis” brought on by a sharp increase in securities trading and the growing number of trades that failed to settle. In 1976, National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC) began operations in a move to centralize the clearing and settlement of listed and OTC securities transactions. In 1999, the Depository Trust & Clearing Corporation (DTCC) is created with the affiliation of DTC and NSCC under the single DTCC corporate umbrella. At the center of securities trading activity, DTCC has a unique vantage point to anticipate and lead change to protect and shape the future of the capital markets.
DTCC, through its subsidiaries, advances industry-leading solutions that help secure and shape the future growth and development of the global financial marketplace. Today, DTCC is processing trillions of dollars of securities transactions on a daily basis.
The DTCC Promise
As a global financial services leader, DTCC proactively develops solutions to secure today’s marketplace, while shaping the future of the industry. DTCC promises to stand at the forefront of innovation to mitigate risk, create market efficiencies and reduce costs.
Institutional Trade Processing
DTCC’s Institutional Trade Processing (ITP) service suite has its origins in the set of trade processing solutions that constituted the Omgeo business. Combining DTCC’s global solution for legal entity identifiers and its settlement capabilities with the formerly Omgeo-branded pre-trade and matching services, ITP offers buy-side, sell-side and custodian firms an end-to-end straight-through-processing solution for their trading activity.
DTCC subsidiaries National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC) and Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) deliver highly efficient clearing services across the U.S. equities and fixed income markets, reducing risk and cost for clients, while ensuring safety and reliability in the marketplace.
Settlement & Asset Services
The Depository Trust Company (DTC), DTCC’s central securities depository subsidiary, provides settlement services for virtually all equity, corporate and municipal debt trades and Money Market Instruments in the U.S.
Wealth Management Services
Wealth Management Services (WMS) includes three of DTCC’s business lines: Mutual Fund Services, Alternative Investment Product Services and Insurance & Retirement Services. These businesses drive centralized, automated processing and information services for the mutual funds, alternative investment, insurance and retirement markets.
• Collateral Management
• Repository & Derivative Services
• Risk & Regulatory Compliance
• Announcement and Security Reference
• Liquidity & Benchmark Analytics
For more information see www.dtcc.com.Go Back
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
Best Due Diligence meeting in the industry. No sales pitches, senior level decision makers, meaningful discussions and the Broker Dealer networking sessions were especially useful. Thanks to Blue Vault for raising the bar!