February 23, 2017 | by Beth Glavosek | Blue Vault
In July 2016, the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA) issued a request for public comment regarding an amendment to its policy on REITs.
The proposal would add a uniform concentration limit of 10% of an individual’s liquid net worth, applicable to their aggregate investment in a REIT, its affiliates, and other non-traded REITs. Liquid net worth consists of cash, cash equivalents, and readily marketable securities. The proposal also includes a carve-out for Accredited Investors under the income and net worth standards set forth in Regulation D, Rule 501.
The comment period purportedly closed on September 12, 2016, and Blue Vault is awaiting comment from NASAA as to the current status of the proposal. For now, some of responses to the proposal are as follows:
Investment Program Association (IPA)
Alternative and Direct Investment Securities Association (ADISA)
Public Investors Arbitration Bar Association (PIABA)
We will keep you posted as we hear of updates to NASAA’s proposal.
Click below and subscribe to Blue Vault’s NewsWire.Go Back
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
Blue Vault helps me to stay well informed on the financial status of both open and closed nontraded REITs and BDCs, so that I can help my clients better understand the product, before they make the decision to invest and after.