Last Updated: January 13, 2016 | By Paul Bubny | GlobeSt
NEW YORK CITY—The outcome of what many see as a pivotal race for the presidency is just one of the factors creating uncertainty in 2016. Among other considerations, there are also questions about the health of the job market and concerns about the impact commercial real estate prices will see from the Federal Reserve’s decision to end its longstanding zero interest rate policy. In spite of these uncertainties, Integra Realty Resources says it remains bullish on commercial property sectors, “because institutionally we understand that while the US economy is changing, the people and economic institutions continue to be innovative and enthusiastic.”
In fact, IRR is predicting “a positive impact” on rents, occupancy and values due to increased job creation. As evidence, IRR’s annual Viewpoint 2016 report cites the continued “robust” pace of cross-border investment into US CRE, currently double the pace of 2005. That pace will be maintained as “home office wealth” continues to migrate family money directly into US real estate investment.
IRR’s report sees tailwinds for all five of the major food groups. Office, for example, is seen as benefiting from broader economic trends, while a dearth of new construction has worked in favor of continued rent growth. Accordingly, IRR predicts that 18.6% of US markets will experience CBD class A value increases of at least 4% this year, compared with 8.5% for CBD class B, 65% for suburban class A and 3.2% for suburban class B.Go Back
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
The Blue Vault Summit could not have been more perfectly timed. This gathering of the Broker Dealer and Sponsor communities provided insightful and open discussion from several vantage points. These conversations are paramount, especially in a time of significant regulatory change.