CNL Growth Properties Inc., a publicly registered non-traded real estate investment trust, received two unsolicited tender offers from Everest REIT Investors I LLC and CMG Partners LLC. The REIT’s board of directors recommended that stockholders reject both offers.
In a letter to shareholders, CNL Growth Properties said that Everest REIT Investors launched an unsolicited offer last week to purchase up to 1.13 million shares of common stock at a price of $5.00 per share in cash.
In addition, CMG Partners and affiliates launched an unsolicited offer on November 24th to purchase up to 1.5 million shares at a price of $5.00 per share in cash. On the same date, the REIT announced a special distribution of at least $1.00 per share and a maximum of $1.70 per share dependent on whether a pending sale closes before December 31, 2015. Following the announcement, CMG amended their offer and reduced the offer price to $4.00 per share.
In the letter, CNL Growth Properties indicated that its board of directors believes that each offer is significantly less than the current and potential long-term value of the shares.
The REIT announced in February 2015 that its estimated net asset value per share was $9.40. Assuming that the special distribution is $1.70 per share, the 2014 NAV would be revised to $7.70 per share on a pro forma basis. According to the company, this represents a significant premium over the CMG and Everest offer prices.
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
Our firm has been using Blue Vault from the first year it was available.
We have found it to be a valuable tool to verify what wholesalers tell us and to dig deep into how the reported investments are really performing.
We appreciate that Blue Vault has expanded its services from initially covering REIT's to now also including BDC's.
Our clients also appreciate that we conduct this additional due diligence on their behalf.