InvenTrust to Keep Focus on “Smile States”
OAK BROOK, IL—InvenTrust Properties Corp. recently acquired a pair of open air retail centers in two of the top real estate markets in the US, but the deals reveal just one part of the Oak Brook, IL-based firm’s national acquisitions strategy. It acquired Rio Pinar Plaza, a 124,283 square foot shopping center located in Orlando, for about $34 million and Price Plaza, a 205,813 square foot power center located in Katy, TX, a suburb of Houston, for about $35.8 million.
“InvenTrust has what we call a “Hub and Spoke” strategy,”Michael E. Podboy, executive vice president – chief financial officer, chief investment officer of InvenTrust, tells GlobeSt.com. “Meaning, we will examine key markets and their surrounding sub-markets to invest in premium yielding open-air centers that match our investment criteria.”
For example, both Rio Pinar and Price Plaza are located within key markets, but InvenTrust has also “invested in sub-markets just outside key MSAs like The Highlands of Flower Mound outside Dallas and Westpark Shopping Center just outside the key MSA of Washington DC.”
Furthermore, company officials are also open to making investments in secondary markets, as long as these areas can show “job growth, population growth, and low-levels of new development. We are concentrating on key markets where we can display dominance, show ABR growth, and execute on our leasing and property management strategy to drive strong tenant relationships.”
Recently renovated, Rio Pinar is 100% occupied and includes a set of stable legacy tenants with significant operating history. Price Plaza is 92% occupied and its tenants include anchors Ross Dress for Less, Jo-Ann Fabrics and Best-Buy with shadow anchors that include Sam’s Club,Walmart SuperCenter and The Home Depot.
“You will also see us focus in what many refer to as the “smile states” – from Southern California through Baltimore,” Podboy adds. “Our current portfolio includes a multitude of centers in the greater Dallas and Houston markets, and we also find the Austin and San Antonio markets attractive. Denver, Raleigh, Miami and Tampa are of keen interest to us as well.”
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
BlueVault saves a lot of time and effort in obtaining good numbers for analysis and provides good insights to compare against my own.