2/2/2016 | By Sarah Borchersen-Keto
REITs lost ground in January as global macroeconomic concerns exerted downward pressure on the sector, but they still outperformed the broader equity market.
The total returns of the FTSE/NAREIT All REIT Index fell 3.5 percent in January, while the S&P 500 Index lost 5.0 percent.
“Even though REITs were clearly impacted by everything that was going on in the broader market, they outperformed on a relative basis,” said Jeff Langbaum, senior REIT analyst at Bloomberg Intelligence.
Stephen Manaker, senior REIT analyst at Oppenheimer, said he expects REITs to continue to outperform the broader market because real estate is “relatively attractive in a land with very little inflation.”
Ki Bin Kim, analyst at Sun Trust Robinson Humphrey, Inc., said his firm is taking a cautious stance on the overall REIT sector, “but REITs are in a decent position compared to the broader market.”
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
I had no idea this service existed. I could have used it years ago! Great presentation and service!