The firm could create its own REIT sponsor and wholesaler or take a run at an established one like NorthStar Asset Management Group Inc.
Feb 9, 2016 @ 1:10 pm | By Bruce Kelly | Investment News
With private equity giant The Blackstone Group potentially pushing its way into the nontraded real estate investment trust business, the question for many on Wall Street is whether Blackstone will make an acquisition of a current REIT sponsor and wholesaler or create its own.
Blackstone has tapped two senior wealth management executives to lead its new effort. They include Brendan Boyle, senior managing director, private wealth management distribution, and Joe Lohrer, managing director, private wealth management distribution.
Selling nontraded REITs would help get Blackstone in front of mainstream retail investors. Right now, it sells its private equity deals to institutions and the wealthiest clients at wirehouses.
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
I had no idea this service existed. I could have used it years ago! Great presentation and service!