Nontraded BDCs Post Annualized Return of 14.7%
December 9, 2016 | Blue Vault
Nontraded BDCs this year have produced a median annualized return of 14.7%. Through the end of September 2016, BDCs have performed exceptionally well despite the slowest capital raise in four years.
“Unfortunately, many investors are missing out on these returns because financial advisors have backed off of nontraded fund sales in the wake of recent regulations. Not only have BDCs been able to produce a consistent distribution income for investors, but most BDCs have seen significant increases in their net asset values,” says Jared Schneider, a Managing Partner at Blue Vault.
The unannualized median return for the nine months ended September 30, 2016 was 11.05%, and at Blue Vault we expect to see further gains through the end of the year. You can find out more about individual BDC performance in the Q3 2016 Nontraded BDC Industry Review, which will be released the week of December 12.
All 3rd Quarter 2016 Nontraded BDC Review individual pages have been posted to Blue Vault’s website.
- Business Development Corporation of America
- Carey Credit Income Fund
- CION Investment Corporation
- Corporate Capital Trust II
- Corporate Capital Trust, Inc.
- FS Energy & Power Fund
- FS Investment Corporation II
- FS Investment Corporation III
- FS Investment Corporation IV
- HMS Income Fund, Inc.
- NexPoint Capital, Inc.
- Sierra Income Corporation
- Terra Income Fund 6, Inc.
You may access these pages by logging on to the Blue Vault website and clicking on “Subscriber-Only Research,”Nontraded Business Development Companies”, then “BDC Individual Reports” links on the toolbar at the top of the home page. Scroll down to 2016, then 2016 Q3.
Blue Vault research is available to paid Subscribers only. If you do not have a current subscription, call Dawn McDaniel at 877-256-2304, Option 2, to see how you can get access today!
- Invesco Real Estate Income Trust Inc. Closes Two Credit Transactions Totaling $51.8 Million in Commitments
- Gladstone Land Announces Election of Paula Novara as Director
- Gladstone Commercial Corporation Announces Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022 Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Gladstone Land Announces Increase in Monthly Cash Distributions for October, November and December 2022 and Third Quarter Ended September 30, 2022, Earnings Release and Conference Call Dates
- Capital Square Acquires Luxury Multifamily Community Near Louisville for DST Offering
“Always, but especially in this day of lawsuits and ever increasing regulations, the responsibility for a financial advisor t do their own due diligence on products they sell falls squarely on themselves. No one is going to take greater interest in protecting their practice than they are. We use the Blue Vault Partners Nontraded REIT Review to keep us informed of the performance of every single nontraded REIT. Finally, complete transparency is available for advisors using nontraded REITs. Every advisor using REITs in their practice should make the small annual investment of subscribing to Blue Vault’s reporting services.”